Good evening, everyone!
Thank you for your support and patience for CabbageCon 2023! Please allow me to share a number of updates regarding the convention.
First and foremost: For those who may have missed our previous announcement, CabbageCon 2023 is still happening! It will be held in the same venue, Crowne Plaza Columbus North – Worthington, over the same dates – March 30th to April 2nd, 2023.
Please allow me to personally apologize for the silence as of late. As one can imagine, there were many moving pieces involved in this transition but I can happily say we are full steam ahead with making CabbageCon 2023 an exciting, fun-filled and inclusive weekend for all! Consider this the first of many more frequent communiqués and updates moving forward. For those that have reached out with questions and concerns, we are working hard to answer as quickly as possible.
I’d like to take a moment to address a number of recent changes and concerns several people have expressed. CabbageCon’s original founder, K-K, has been met with unexpected family matters and has made the difficult decision to step down as Convention Chair. She is remaining with the convention, and has transitioned to an advisory role. As such, I am humbled to announce that I have accepted her offer to resume operations as your new convention chair! I consider myself fortunate to have worked with a number of other conventions in various roles, and greatly look forward to what CabbageCon has in store for all of us!
Lastly, I’d like to directly answer some of the more frequent questions we’ve been receiving:
Is CabbageCon still happening?
– Yes! As stated above, there have been a few changes behind the scenes; however everything is on track for a fantastic weekend!
I backed the Kickstarter, but haven’t heard anything/aren’t sure what to do?
– As a Kickstarter backer, thank you! You should’ve received a code to register your badge through cabbagecon.com. If you have not yet done so, badge sales and registration will be back up and running very shortly. If you have already done so, no further action is required at this time.
Why were ticket sales halted?
– While things were being sorted out and transferred, a temporary pause was placed on new ticket sales to streamline this process as much as possible. Again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the silence during this phase. Ticket sales will be resuming in the coming days as the last remaining pieces are updated.
Okay, so what can we expect at the convention? Will there be autographs?
– There will certainly be a wide variety of panels and events for everyone, cosplay opportunities, and community guests and cosplayers! We are also working for appearances/autographs by those that worked on the shows; stay tuned for more information on this!
I emailed with a question/comment/issue/etc. but haven’t heard back. When can I expect this?
– We are working diligently to respond to everyone that has reached out across various platforms. Please bear with us as we get caught up.
The event doesn’t seem to be listed on the hotel’s webpage. Why is that?
– The hotel elected not to list the event while contracts were being updated to reflect the change. This process has been completed, and we are expecting the listing to resume any time now!
Once again, please continue to reach out to our amazing staff and thank you for your patience! I can’t wait to see you all in a few months!